The Ten Commandments and Confirmation in Quran
Written by Dr. Shahid Athar
The Ten Commandments
(Exodus 12: 1-17 & Deuteronomy 5: 6-21)
Confirmation in the Quran
- Thou shall not take any God except one God.
- Thou shall make no image of God.
- Thou shall not use God's name in vain.
- Thou shall honor thy mother and father.
- Thou shall not steal.
- Thou shall not lie or give false testimony.
- Thou shall not kill.
- Thou shall not commit adultery.
- Thou shall not covet thy neighbors wife or
- Thou shall keep the Sabbath holy.
- There is no God except one God (47:19)
- There is nothing whatsoever like unto Him (42:11)
- Make not God's name an excuse to your oaths (2:224)
- Be kind to your parents if one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not
a word of contempt nor repel them but address them in terms of honor. (17:23)
- As for the thief, male or female, cut off his or her hands, but those who repent
After a crime and reform shall be forgiven by God for God is forgiving and kind. (5:38 - 39)
- They invoke a curse of God if they lie. (24:7) Hide not the testimony (2:283)
- If anyone has killed one person it is as if he had killed the whole mankind (5:32)
- Do not come near adultery. It is an indecent deed and a way for other evils. (17:32)
- Do good to your parents, relatives and neighbors. (4:36) Saying of the Prophet
Muhammad (P) "One of the greatest sins is to have illicit sex with your neighbors wife".
- When the call for the Friday Prayer is made, hasten to the remembrance of God
and leave off your business. (62:9)